I am an absolute sucker for beauty lists, top 10, top 20, top 30, they all get me excited. So when I read an article the other day on Women’s Wear Daily written by Peter Born where they listed the top 50 power products that made a significant difference in the beauty industry, I was SUPER excited! Basically it’s the top 50 best, the power players, the big dogs, those products that other brands copy. The type of product that can “generate enough enough cash flow to sustain itself for years, if not decades.”
So, of course, me being the curious beauty junkie that I am, I had to read the list and see how many of these products truly impacted my beauty life. Here’s their list in alphabetical order…
1. Axe Deoderant Body Spray
2. Bare Escentuals Bareminerals Powder Foundation
3. Benefit Brow Zings
4. Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
5. Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray
6. Calvin Klein CK One
7. Chanel Vamp Nail Color
8. Chanel No. 5
9. Clairol Nice’N’Easy Root Touch Up
10. Clarins Body Shaping Cream
11. Clarisonic Sonic Facial Cleansing Brush
12. Clinique Chubby Sticks
13. Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector
14. CND Shellac
15. Covergirl Lash Exact Mascara
16. Dior Diorshow Mascara
17. Diptyque Paris Scented Candles
18. Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel
19. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
20. Frederic Malle Editions de Parfum
21. fresh Brown Sugar Body Polish
22. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment
23. Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Makeup
24. Glam Glow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment
25. Issey Miyake L’eau D’issey
26. Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer
27. JLo Glow
28. John Frieda Frizz Ease Hair Serum
29. Josie Maran Argan Oil
30. Klorane Dry Shampoo
31. La Mere Creme de la Mer
32. Lacome Genefique Youth Activating Concentrate
33. Lancome Juicy Tubes
34. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
35. L’Oreal Paris Mousse Absolue Hair Color
36. MAC Viva Glam
37. Maybelline New York Dream Fresh BB Cream
38. Nars Orgasm Blush
39. Proactiv Solution 3 Step System
40. Pureology Serious Color Care
41. Revlon Colorstay Lipstick
42. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel
43. Shiseido Benefiance Pure Retinol Intensive Revitalizing Face Mask
44. Smashbox Primers
45. Thierry Mugler Angel
46. Tom Ford Oud Wood
47. Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette
48. Vaseline Intensive Care Spray Moisturizer
49. Yves Saint Laurent Opium
50. Yves Saint Laurent Touch Eclat
Honestly, some I could care less about. Quite a few of things I had never tried, but am absolutely in love with copy-cats. There were some though that did change my life!
Chanel No. 5- To me, it’s magical. You can be having a bad day and you spritz it on and somehow the day is a little bit better.
Clarisonic Facial Brush- Own one! I am a tech gizmo nerd, so anytime I can mix that with beauty, I’m a happy camper!
John Frieda Frizz Ease Hair Serum- Made me like my hair again. Enough said.
Lancome Juicy Tubes- Defined the late 90s for me. Was my first “big girl” cosmetics purchase. Nothing better than buying them at Macy’s during GWP.
Sally Hansen Miracle Gel- The only way to get my nail color to last longer than 12 hours. No more acrylics for me.
Which ones on the list surprised you? Which ones changed your life?
*Note: We do not work for nor received compensation of any kind from any of the companies listed in this article.